Sunday 22 June 2014

Life With Samsung U28D590D!


After living with the Samsung 4K Monitor U28D590D for over a week now I am surprisingly falling in love with it. Despite a few minor set backs I am happy with the purchase.

The TN Panel my not be the best for colour representation and viewing angles but for me it is not as big a problem. My eye sight is already pretty bad and moving from a 1080p monitor to 4K it is like a god send. No more straining my eyes.

One of the major downside would also have to be the stand as ASUS and AOC have bought 28" 4K monitors to the marked with some pretty amazing stand that allow for VESA and complete control.

One thing I would have liked would be for the Monitor to at least be 30 inches, Its not that big of a problem but I feel the extra 2 inches would make the experience a lot more immersing. The brightness on this panel is out standing Images are sharp bright and just look a whole lot better.

When working in Windows 8.1 I find that a lot of the programs are yet to be optimized  for 4K, the main one being Chrome. which just drives me crazy but lucky enough I run a Hackintosh so I get the best of both worlds.

In OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 4K optimisation has been drastically improved, they scaling options are far better than Windows 8.1 for now. Basically if I need to web browse or edit anything I will switch across to OS X, If I want to game in 4K obviously I will use Windows 8.1.

On the topic of gaming you will definitely want a pretty beasty system I am currently running 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 in SLI and getting more than playable performance out of them. Gaming in Ultra is just beautiful especially when you play Bioshock Infinite you will just be blow away buy the detail.

All in all this is a great purchase for the value and with 4K become the norm be sure to stay tuned and get more info on whats around the corner.

Have a look at the video below for some more information:



If you want to contact RDT please feel free to call between the hours of 9am-8pm AEST. deon@robertsondt.com Ph: 0426279566

No comments:

Post a Comment