Saturday 14 June 2014

4K and Hackintosh!

Over the past few day now I have been testing the Samsung U28D590D 4K monitor in bot OS X (Hackintosh) and Windows 8.1. After doing testing on Windows 8.1 I thought I could get used to to poor scaling of Chrome and other programs, until I booted into my OS X partition and from the get go I was blow away with how clear everything was. I was really not expecting much from a TN panel but dam this came out looking perfect.
Scaling has been majorly improved in the latest update 10.9.3 and it just makes the whole experience perfect. Text is incredibly sharp the UI is perfect and I am  just all round happy with the look and feel of OS X running 4K.

Even though some of the application in OS X are not yet scaled to 4k it will happen soon, especially now that Intel is pushing 4K on to the market.

Stay tuned for some more updates and especially on the Yosemite side of things.


If you are wanting to contact RDT please feel free to call between the hours of 9am-8pm AEST. deon@robertsondt.com Ph: 0426279566

No comments:

Post a Comment