Thursday 10 July 2014

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Hackintosh!!


Today I thought I would get OS X running on a kindly donated PC, this PC is running an AMD Phenom II X4 945, 4GB 1333MHz Ram, 500GB 5,400RPM HDD, Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P and a NVIDIA Galaxy 9800GT.

I pulled all this apart and threw it on my test bench and spent about a couple of hours today getting OS X working on it using one of Niresh's Distro's. This was possibly one of the most simplest installs I have done, once I created the USB tool I set up the BIOS and I was ready to install with only 'amd -v' went threw the normal steps and made it to the install. This is where I picked out a few things to suite my system and get it running.

After the install I removed the USB and just like that booted up and running, I am yet to put it through some tests but for now it is all looking good and a little bit of fun.



I will have to post more information at a later date, heading on holidays as of tomorrow morning.



If you want to contact RDT please feel free to call between the hours of 9am-8pm AEST. deon@robertsondt.com Ph: 0426279566

No comments:

Post a Comment