Sunday 29 December 2013

AMD R9 2xx Series GPU Hackintosh

Today I have spent the day testing out the new R9 2xx Series graphics cards, and to my surprise they work perfectly OOB (Out of the Box). What more could you ask for? I tested the Gigabyte 270x, 280x and 290x. The only one that I had issues with was the 290x. I'm really hoping to get this working as soon as possible. I ran the 270x and the 280x through a triple monitor set-up and they work seamlessly. The build I used was my personal build with the i7 3930k OC @ 4.8GHz, 16GB 2133MHz ram, GA-X79-UP4 and a 240GB SSD.

This is great news for new customers looking to purchase a build as we all know that the AMD card are better value for the dollar.  

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, your business will be greatly appreciated. If you want to get in contact please call Robertson Design Technology Melbourne

PH: +61426279566 Email: deon@robertsondt.com

2 comments:

  1. really? that sounds interesting! I thought only nvidia cards worked with hackintosh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you upgraded to 10.9.2? Does it still work?

    ReplyDelete