Tuesday 11 October 2016

Samsung Galaxy Note 7



Unfortunately, it looks like the Note 7 has come to an end all too early. For me this device was absolutely amazing. I got to spend the first few months playing around on the Samsung galaxy S7 and Edge which were equally as good, but just missing those few design tweaks the Note 7 brings. The design of the Note 7 made the device feel smaller and more comfortable in the hand. The way I see it is that it is a mash up of the Edge and S7. Once I first heard about the exploding issues and the recall I reluctantly handed my device in and went back to my Galaxy S7 edge and iPhone 7 Plus.

After only getting a couple of weeks out of this device I was not able to get an in depth review done. But from the experience I had, I found that the display on the device had just that right amount of edge to keep me happy. One thing I got a bit annoyed at with the S7 edge was the accidental touches on the screen in everyday use. The Note had it in that sweet spot where it wasn’t that much of a curve and just looked sleek. As for performance it handled everything I through at it, sure it didn’t beat the iPhone 7 plus in a few quick multitask tests. But for real world usage it was completely fine and I never really notice any delays in opening multiple applications at once.


Battery life was also an easy not only did it come with quick charge but it also lasted me just as long as the iPhone 7 plus, with average 1.5 days. I personally never let mine charge overnight just in case I did get unlucky and cause some serious damage. Call quality on this device both with VoLTE on/off was amazing, the receiver was clear and loud. With my device running on the Telstra 4GX network I was getting on average Download: 170Mbps Upload: 40Mbps Ping: 20 these speeds for a device were amazing and everything was just so snappy.


In my experience camera’s on Samsung’s have always been good and the Note 7 of course does not let us down, especially since it uses the same Sony IMX260 sensor found in the S7 and Edge. I luckily got to do a comparison between the iPhone 7 Plus and the Note which I will be posting shortly. All in all, I have been happy with the Note 7 and will look forward to what Samsung can bring to the table next year. Below are a few images of I got to take with my time on the device. 




No comments:

Post a Comment